Wednesday 30 January 2013

Stages and Phases

Somehow the days if not the weeks seem to slip through my hands like butter. Today I feel like I am barely keeping my head above water. The girls are now 8months, 4yr and 2.5yrs. (NOTE: to all prospective parents. This age difference is a potentially lethal dose to your sleep, health and well being. Use extreme caution before entering this journey.)

I was completely absorbed by my two and half year old today. Our conversation went like this:
mom: Skyla no more running in circles your going to hurt yourself
Skyla: What? your crazy! (done with a very posh valley girl type accent)
mom: Skyla that's not very nice to say.
Skyla: (with more enthusiasm) What? Your Crazy!
mom: ok, girls I need you guys to be very quiet, Hannah has just gone to sleep (after 30min of fuss)
pick something that is very quiet.
4yr old: ok mom we'll play house
mom: great

The kids then proceed to run around, climbing in and out of things, laughing, tackling, and making a huge mess.

I guess the moral of the story is. It doesn't matter what I say, I'm just the mom. Some days you win some and some days you lose some. Choose your battles wisely. Dealing with the end of a head cold, I let quite a few things slide today. I did win the dinner battle, and everyone ate meat and veg.
This stage in my life I might be 'crazy', but ......... but nothing I am:)
I do go to bed every night thankful for my crazy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment